Friday, December 2, 2011

Meet Jaffy!


In my last post I listed that I have 3 loyal companions, that's right, I am two cats over the sane cat owner limit and have just crossed over to the crazy cat lady. It was never my intention to have more than one cat....in fact I wanted a dog...but my studio apartment would never have been big enough for the Irish Wolfhound I still am planning on getting sometime in my future, and my fish were seriously not that fun! So the next best thing was a cat! I originally brought my dear sweet kitten Ramses with me from home but he was diagnosed with liver failure a few weeks later and had to be put down which broke my heart! I was so devastated that I went right out and got another cat to replace him....well, two cats, from the pound that were brother and sister. With the help of my friend Clayton, we got them home and safe....for a day. Remember those Siamese cats from Lady and the Tramp...yeah, they unfortunately had the worse temperaments, but that was never mentioned to me before hand and after ripping up everything in the house and breaking everything worth value and biting everyone in sigh within a 24 hour period, Clayton and I took them right back. I found Shanty at Peaches. Someone had brought in the whole litter. The owner told me that the mother had been killed and they had been bottle feeding him. He was the spunkiest little kitten ever! He was just adorable, and still is! Athens was a gift to me 10 years ago from my boss's father. She was such a tiny kitten, I really didn't know what to do with her. She is such a good mouser though and even though it took around 2 months, her and Shanty learned to get along and they are still inseparable. Now Jaffy. A few months ago I was getting into my car for lunch and I heard a very loud meow. I followed it over to one of the greenhouses that had a sheet of snow that had slipped off of it and in between the snow and the greenhouse was a little scared, bright eyed orange kitten...orange is my favorite. I tried and tried to catch it but it was impossible so I picked up a taco for it at lunch and left it and just observed during the day what he was up to. I secretly was hoping that he would run and find a home because I hate to see animals without homes but I knew full well that it would probably find the cat house that we have in one of the greenhouses. To make a long story short, several days and several burritos later, we became friends. He had a bad leg and eye problems and was in a bad way but I decided to take him in anyways. The other two cats still hate me for doing it though but I keep thinking that one day they will thank me. I know Jaffy appreciated it! He is so super cuddly and purrs on demand. I am happy to say that he has made a full recovery and now has 4 working legs and dilating eyes and he is worm free...I know this first hand...don't ask me how :( I am happy to have him and his spunkiness makes me laugh! I am not sure we will make it all the way to Christmas with our tree standing or with ornaments on it because he is a climber but we shall see.

This was my Jaffy before bringing him home

This is my Jaffy now


6 comments:

Jenny said...

That last picture just gets my little heart strings! It's good to save them. And he'll love you forever for it!

H A L to the G C's Ma said...

Love that kitten. I've always wanted an orange tabby, name him Carl and feed him tons so he's fat. I love fat cats!

Susan said...

Good for you! And your not crazy!

(we had four once)

JennyM said...

You saved those kittehs; forget the "crazy cat lady" stigma. You've got to have at least 10 cats for that and dress them in clothes. Such a heartwarming story. You are a great "mom".

Unknown said...

Nothing better than animals to improve your life. I used to be the crazy lady with 4 cats, so I understand. Not, no cats and two pit bulls later, I am the crazy woman with 2 pits. Oh well. :) Check out my blog at irishgwen.com

Unknown said...

Hi~ your birthday is coming up and so is mine. I'm also a Oct 2 girl

I just stumbled upon your blog because it was next to mine

www.TownAndCountryShuffle.blogspot.com