Monday, November 12, 2012

My Little Observation

When I was a little girl, I couldn't stand Barbies. My friends all had Barbies, I had My Little Ponies. They were always trying to set their Barbies on the backs of my ponies. Luckily for me, Matel made those plastic women with too long of legs that couldn't even do splits properly so needless to say, they never lasted long on the backs of my ponies. I loved everything about my ponies. I still love them! The way their sweet faces were painted on, the smell of their plastic, but most of all, their beautiful, big, swoopy manes. I would comb, braid, crimp, comb, ribbon, braid, comb, all day long.....which leads me to my observation. Last week my mom dropped by all of the boxes and totes containing my childhood things, in order to make more storage room at her place (after 34 years, I am officially moved out). In going through the boxes, I found a few of my very favorite My Little Ponies. That same day, I was going through a bunch of hairstyle pictures trying to decide what to do with my hair, whether or not to go shorter or cut bangs or leave it long. Here is what this post has been leading up to. I have always loved long and swoopy hair with the great bangs. These are a few of my favorite hair styles:
And here are some of my favorite ponies:
Are you seeing any similarities at all? Even a bit? Interesting how and where we develop our tastes, don't you think? (p.s. these are original 1983 ponies in perfect condition, the peach one with the pink hair who's name is Peachy is my very favorite).

3 comments:

H A L to the G C's Ma said...

Oh my heck! You could totally rock bangs! I've always loved the swoop-y ones so I can pull them back when they start to drive me crazy! I would love to see you with bangs!!

Susan said...

Super funny!!!! I totally see it! Those are the sweetest ponies ever. Don't get rid of them.

Julie Ann said...

I had one of those swimming ponies. She came with a froggy tube to make her float!